My first #SWDChallenge part 4; Progress

  • First step: Make a table of the worksheet. Now it has all additional rows that do not contain the right information
  • Load the excel into PowerBI and do some transformations
    • Fill blanks in the “week nr” column
    • Replace the 1 null value in column “onderdeel”
    • In the column “begintijd” and “eindtijd” needs only to be time and no date
    • Recalculate the column “totale tijd”
    • The column “in uren” rounded to 2 decimals
  • Oh the column “totale tijd” is not giving the right values, I want to see the amount of minutes in there, back to Edit Queries, to find out why. Ah Data Type was Any, changed that to Duration en minutes
  • Yes my Data looks good
  • Add the excel file with the advised hours from Microsoft and Techionista
    • Do some transformations
  • Check the relation between the two tables
  • First visualization; a bar chart showing my hours, compared with Microsoft and Techionista

Conclusion hours by subject

The red bars show the hours that where planned by Techionista, black is what Microsoft advised, for 3 topics Techionista scheduled lesser hours than Microsoft advised. Green is what I actually have spend. For 3 subjects and the capstone I have spend more hours than Microsoft had advised.

The second visualization I want to make is a line chart, showing the time spend per day from the beginning to the end.

  • First I added a new table with dates, so I could use the date as the x-axis
  • Than I made a chart, where I visualised the hours per day and than the topic as legend. Only to realise that a line chart is not clear. So I changed it into a bar chart, which gave me the idea I wanted to see.
  • I also made a table to show the description by subject

Conclusion hours by day and subject

The further I got into the study, the more hours I have spend during the day.

Plaats een reactie