This was the given visualisation
I downloaded the data (xls-file with 2 worksheets), saved this as two csv’s and pulled it into PowerBI.
There I did some transformation
- In the table ISS Spacewalks I made sure that the “year” was a Whole Number and of the type Date and Year.
- Also the “Number op Spacewalks” needed to be a Whole Number.
- In the table Spacewalks I extracted the Year out of the “Date” column.
- The ‘Duration (hours)’ is having two values with a -, this needed to be removed before I could transform the column into a Number.
- I made a relation between the two tables using the year as a many to many relation.
After that my first challenge was to rebuild the given visualisation.
I’m proud of myself that I managed to create this.
I see that more can be done with this given dataset, but not for today. Maybe I will give it an other shot in the upcoming day’s.