In Unit 2 “Why Star Trek”, Module 2 “Star Trek and the Business of Cable Television” our assignment is an media analysis. We are asked to whatch the pilot episode of each of the 6 live action Star Trek television serie and how the storyline of each pilot episode related to the world when it was created.
Luckily we have Netflix were we can watch it.
This homework will take some time.
Here is the list of the pilot episodes we have been asked to think about for the Media Analysis. (Both pilots for Star Trek: The Original Series are included.)
- 1966 “The Cage.” Star Trek: The Original Series
- 1966 “Where No Man Has Gone Before.” Star Trek: The Original Series
- 1987 “Encounter at Far Point.” Star Trek: The Next Generation
- 1993 “Emissary.” Star Trek: Deep Space 9
- 1995 “Caretaker.” Star Trek: Voyager
- 2001 “Broken Bow.” Star Trek: Enterprise
- 2017 “The Vulcan Hello.” Star Trek: Discovery
Question: Which pilot best addresses the contemporary societal issues from when it was produced while taking the most advantage of the television format on which it was shown? Rank the episodes you watch in numerical order where 1 is the episode that best answers the question prompt.